There are just so many essential elements for a girls weekend* in one of the prettiest cities in the world. We're never in need an excuse for a roadtrip, and yet you provide so many.
1. Rent a cozy base for the weekend.
2. Eat a sensible evening meal.
3. Admire the stunning Royal Crescent and the equally beautiful Circle - both near and from a distance.
4. Try the lipsmacking gluten-free scones for brunch in the opulent Pump rooms.
5. Conquer a Dickensian hill or six.
6. Visit the world famous Roman Baths.
7. Don't forget to make your offering to the ancient gods.
8. Parade about the Fashion Museum and try a little of the fashion on (and no, we aren't sharing photos...)
9. Visit the perfectly preserved Georgian museum, No. 1 Royal Crescent.
10. Take a stroll in the Golden hour past the Mayor's office (on a previous trip I learned that one of the Mayors collected peppercorns, a traditional subsititue for rent as peppercorns used to be so expensive? One time we joined one of the volunteer walks, and found ourselves IN the mayors office where he displayed his peppercorn collection.)
11. Admire the stunning Pulteney Bridge, possibly visiting the unique shops built across its full span on both sides.
12. Pause for a moment in Bath Cathedral.
13. Take approximately 600 photos in two days.
14. Pause again outside to admire the gorgeous, intricate Jacob's Ladder on the facade.
15. Take a Sally Lunn and bottle of Bath ale home for the better half.
16. Spend a Saturday evening floating in a Spa.
17. Forget all about meat at the Green Rocket Cafe (who have an epic gluten free cake selection). The Kale on this breakfast was insanely good. Every forkful was a taste of heaven.
18. Leave vowing to book your next visit as soon as possible realising that Bath is only a short journey from London.
*Or with your own Mr Darcy, it's totally your choice