This dinner is so simple it’s almost wrong to call it a recipe, but it’s so scrumptious that I’m going to share it anyway.
Packed full of as many vegetables as you can slip in, it’s full of everything good in vegetables. I like my vege skins on; just scrubbing the skin off potatoes and butternut squash, peeling sweet potatoes, adding courgettes, peppers, cauliflower, carrots and any thing else you have languishing in the fridge. It also makes a great BBQ accompaniment.
Lisa’s Mediterranean Vegetable Bake
Handfuls of diced (about an inch square); Scrubbed Potatoes, Peeled Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Courgette, Peppers, Beetroot, Cauliflower …
Quartered Red or White Onions
Whole unpeeled Garlic Cloves
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
Slices of Halloumi Cheese or crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Add all the vegetables (bar the cheese) in a large cooking tray, coating the vegetables in Oil/Spray and cook for about 40minutes (if cooking the beetrood, pop it into a wee tinfoil bath in the corner to stop it staining the other vegetables). Flip all of the vegetables and meat once about halfway through cooking
- 10 minutes before the end scatter strips of halloumi or crumble feta over the vegetables
- Enjoy with a nice white wine
- Allow the dishwasher in the house to clean the pan
Todays Workout: An hour window shopping