I am a wuss when it comes to Ice. Snow I love – Snowmen, Snow Angels, Snowball fights, Sledding; I’m in. Ice? Not a chance.
The Highways Agency have said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets,
sleeping bag, extra clothing, including a scarf, hat, gloves, 24 hour supply of
food and drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, safety triangle, tow rope, petrol
can, first aid kit and jump leads.
I propose an alternative. You will need:
– A local home (your own or a family/friends is preferrable, strangers may not take it the same way)
– Warm clothes
– Thick Winter Coat & Waterproof shoes for Snowman, Snowball and Snow Angel Making
– Mittens and Marigolds for the Snowman and Snowballs
– Movies/DVD sets you have been meaning to watch, that unfinished craft project lurking in the back of the cupboard or that book you’ve been meaning to finish
– Soup, Stew or a nice Roast
– A few naughty nibbles (perhaps Lolly Cake or Ginger Crunch)
– Water, Juice and your favourite winter-time beverage
– Carrot and decorations (for the aforementioned Snowman)
– First Aid Kit (always be prepared, Crafts can be surprisingly vicious)
– Moggy or Dog (optional)
Do not be tempted to video call your antipodean family and friends. Their gorgeous weather will only make you jealous.
Anything I’ve missed?