I love cooking. Choosing a recipe, organising all of the ingrediants, prepping them and the best part eating the delectable dish. This is fine, but once in awhile it’s nice to kick back and make something utterly simple – this is also a great a ‘use up fridge lurking vegetables’ recipe, much like Fridge Soup.
This is a quick recipe, great for slimmers, summer picnics, gluten-free bods and, well, me. We love to slice it up and to take it to work for lunch – much to the envy of my colleagues eating their dry shop-made ham sandwiches.
I love it. It takes 3 mins to put together, 30mins to cook and not long to inhale.
Ingredients (per serving)
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
150g Cottage Cheese
Pinch of salt & peppet (to own taste)
Vegetables on hand – any firm starchy veges I would par-boil. My usual suspects lurking are:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°
- Combine the eggs and the cottage cheese in either a jug or straight in your non-stick tin
- Chop your meat & vege finely
- Add the above to the egg mixture plus salt & pepper
- Bake for around 25-30mins until the quiche has ‘set’ and doesn’t wobble. Maybe pop some grated cheese on top.
- Enjoy hot or equally delicious cold.