Last year hubby and I went to our first Foodies Festival in Battersea Park, and it was luscious. This year it looks to be even better – sunshine, a wee tipple or two, a few delicious nibbles and ping pong.
This year, they’ve the team at Foodie Festivals have upped all the best bits quite a notch – FEAST at Battersea Park is an exclusive picnic extravaganza featuring the UK’s largest selection of restaurant, street and artisan food available in one place.
Visitors to FEAST can dine on every conceivable type of food from the pop-up restaurants, street food vendors, artisan producers, farmers’ market, vintage tea rooms, seaside food stalls and BBQ tents, washing it all down with wines, ciders and ales from the Vineyard and Orchard.
Ten of London’s most talked-about chefs and restaurants including Boqueria, Barbecoa by Jamie Oliver, Supper Club, The Cinnamon Club and Mango Tree are popping-up at FEAST each serving a different style of food for visitors to enjoy on huge feasting tables in the magnificent FEAST Tent at the heart of the festival.
- CHEFS’ ARENA (including demos)
- FEAST FARM – chill with a glass of British artisan ale or enjoy a cream tea from the vintage tea pagoda on the FEAST Farm, then work it all off with some barn dancing and ranch skills classes and demos with live animals.
- BBQ ARENA – enjoy a hog-roast, watch the hourly BBQ classes or compete against fellow festival-goers in the Man vs Meat competitions.
- FOODIES BY THE SEA – escape to the seaside and relax on a deckchair at the FEAST beach and enjoy entertainment including Punch and Judy, sand art and fire dancing. The nearby seaside food huts offer top-notch British beach-food including cockles, mussels and artisan ice-creams including Custom Creams liquid-nitrogen organic ice-creams and sorbets.
- STREET FOOD AVENUE – serving a huge selection of ready-to-eat hot and cold food from around the world including exotic meats, tapas, churros, burritos, Moroccan tagines, South American prime beef, sausages, pizza, Jamaican and Thai street food plus London’s favourite, Jun Tanaka’s Street Kitchen. There will also be demos showcasing Vietnamese street food, classic Morroccan tagines, vegan cookery, BBQ classics and Italian delicacies.
- FARMERS’ MARKET – FEAST has brought together a superb selection of artisan producers selling and sampling everything from sauces, pickles and jams, to cakes, cured meats and chocolate. The market area incorporates a cookware section where passionate home-cooks can indulge in some retail therapy.
- MASTERCLASSES – learn how to make truffles, bread, cocktails and more at the hourly masterclasses in the dedicated tents throughout the site. Experts include sushi with Makiko Sano and cupcake decoration with steampunk baker Emilly Ladybird – sign up for classes on entry.
- CHILDREN’S COOKERY THEATRE – FEAST is a family-friendly festival where children are encouraged to get involved and learn more about eating and cooking healthy food at these regular hands-on cookery sessions.
- PING PONG ZONE – arguably the best outdoor game of the summer.
- THE SPEAKEASY – escape the crowds and listen to chilled beats from top DJs with a cocktail in the FEAST speakeasy. Discover the password to get in.
What are you waiting for? Get entering!!!
How To Enter:
Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- This competition is open to UK residents only. Please read the rules below.
- Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
- Closing date – 8th August 2013 12.00 pm
- This offer is only open to UK residents
- Complimentary tickets are valid for one day only at your chosen venue.
- Tickets are non transferable. One pair of tickets per winner only.
- Complimentary tickets obtained through this offer may not be duplicated.
- All tickets will be scanned on entry to the show
- You may enter for both venues but will be required to complete the entries through both rafflecopters separately.
How Entries and
- You will need to complete the mandatory entry first by making a blog comment. Click ‘leave a comment’ at the bottom of the post and leave your reply. The comment won’t show immediately as it needs to be moderated, however, rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of your entries.
- Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other
options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
- For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
- For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
- If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.