Bath, old friend, we meet again. This time, I’ve brought a new chum (the infamous Kelly) back to your gorgeous Georgian terraces. This time I won’t be staying for 10 days, it isn’t my first Christmas in the UK and I won’t be leaving you and using you as a base to explore the county. But, we will however be re-sampling as many of your delights as we can.
There are just so many essential elements for a girls weekend* in one of the prettiest cities in the world. We’re never in need an excuse for a roadtrip, and yet you provide so many.
1. Rent a cozy base for the weekend.
2. Eat a sensible evening meal.
3. Admire the stunning Royal Crescent and the equally beautiful Circle – both near and from a distance.
4. Try the lipsmacking gluten-free scones for brunch in the opulent Pump rooms.
5. Conquer a Dickensian hill or six.
6. Visit the world famous Roman Baths.
7. Don’t forget to make your offering to the ancient gods.
8. Parade about the Fashion Museum and try a little of the fashion on (and no, we aren’t sharing photos…)
9. Visit the perfectly preserved Georgian museum, No. 1 Royal Crescent.
10. Take a stroll in the Golden hour past the Mayor’s office (on a previous trip I learned that one of the Mayors collected peppercorns, a traditional subsititue for rent as peppercorns used to be so expensive? One time we joined one of the volunteer walks, and found ourselves IN the mayors office where he displayed his peppercorn collection.)
12. Pause for a moment in Bath Cathedral.
13. Take approximately 600 photos in two days.
15. Take a Sally Lunn and bottle of Bath ale home for the better half.
16. Spend a Saturday evening floating in a Spa.
18. Leave vowing to book your next visit as soon as possible realising that Bath is only a short journey from London.
*Or with your own Mr Darcy, it’s totally your choice
< Pin for later >